Followers

Monday, May 4, 2015

Singing the Blues

Happy Monday! The sun is shining and the temperature is finally up so my friends and I are going to take the kids for ice cream and a walk to burn off all that sugar. It may seem like my post title is misleading, but I mean blues as in the color. My mood is anything but blue today! Before I head out though, I wanted to share my latest card using another TGF cutie and my awesome TH distress markers



How adorable right? I love this little cutie she reminds me so much of my youngest daughter, hair and all! My husband and I were expecting/ hoping for a boy but got a second, healthy happy 8.9 lb baby girl. Fast forward 5 years later and she's such a tomboy, hubby always jokes that he did get the boy he wanted lol! Her favorite color is blue, and since little Summer reminded me so much of my daughter, it seemed only right to color her outfit and background blue too. I wanted to give this stamp a darker skin tone than my usual distress watercolored images but couldn't find a tut anywhere for darker skin and distress markers so I had to experiment and play around with my colors until I got what I was looking for. I think it turned out great and I really love the background! And since I'm always looking for a good excuse to pull out my DIY enamel dots, they were the perfect embellishment to this simple CAS card. I absolutely love watercoloring, there are so many fun and simple techniques when it comes to watercoloring, it's become my go to medium of choice when I just want to relax or color for fun. I actually do this so much, I have a stash of watercolored backgrounds just waiting to be used on a card front! If you haven't joined in already, there's still plenty of time for this week's special 2 week challenge, May Flowers, over at The Greeting Farm. Don't forget to stop by later this week for this month's previews and a fun blog hop!
Lots-O-Love

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment