Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mirror Mirror

Happy hump day bloggers! I haven't been blogging much because my ipad seems to be permanently attached to my hand as of late. Because my tablet can do so much, my laptop has been neglected, unfortunately, blogging using blogger isn't one of those many things my ipad can do so my blog has been neglected. Don't get me wrong, I've been crafting my little heart out just haven't had a chance to blog about my projects, you know what they say; out of sight out of mind. Speaking of, I decided to pull out some of my neglected stamps and give them new life using my TH distress markers. This was the stamp that convinced me to try out The Greeting Farm's Super Secret Stamp Club (SSSC)

SSSC no.1 "Fairest"


Like most of my watercolored images, I wanted to keep this card CAS because I didn't want the DP or embellishments to drown out or take the focus off the soft subtle watercolors. To create a no line look, I start by stamping the image in TH antique linen ink onto water color paper. Since it's a lighter color and it reacts really well with water, the lines disappear as I lay down my base color creating a great no line effect. Once the image is all painted, I go back in with my  clear wink of stella brush pen to add a little sparkle. After everything is dry I take my tea dye distress marker and use the fine tip to fill in the details washed out by my water coloring like eyes and eyebrows. It takes a little longer for me to watercolor than when I use my copics but I am OBSESSED with the softer look! Give it a try I'll bet you'll be addicted in no time!

lots-o-love,
-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment