Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Darling Dollies

Happy Tuesday farmers! The sun is shining, the temperature is no longer negative (still not above freezing yet :( ) , and best of all my hubby is finally back! My heart is so happy and full that I just knew Dollie with Hearts would be the perfect image image for my next coaster/tile project!



Just as with my Dollie with Kitty coaster, I started by stamping my Dollie onto a clean dry travertine tile with timber brown stazon. I also stamped Dollie onto a scrap piece of paper and cut her out to be used to mask the image later. Next I colored up my image using my prismacolor pencils adding layers of colors just as I would if I were coloring on kraft. Once I had Dollie all colored up, I chose a sentiment from another TGF stamp set, OA Lovey Dovey, that I thought went well with Dollie with Hearts as well. I messed this one up a bit because I accidentally grabbed my jet black stazon instead of the timber brown so the sentiment is a bit darker than it should have been. The next step was to outline both Dollie and the sentiments with a white gel pen to make them both pop against the soon to be distressed looking tile. After that comes the masking part I mentioned earlier with the pre stamped and cut out image and a bit of adhesive from my ATG. Once the image was masked off, I used a small recollections script background stamp I bought from Michael's craft store and repeatedly stamped in timber brown stazon to create a full background. To add a little more interest (which doesn't show up so great in photos) I stamped the same script randomly throughout the tile in gold acrylic paint for accent. Once the paint was dry, I peeled away the mask over Dollie and inked the edges in walnut stain distress ink to give it that aged antique-y look.For a final touch (and since I just can't seem to resist) I added some stickles to Dollie's dress and hearts in her apron. Not exactly water resistant, but hey, I never intended to actually USE my coasters, just show them off :D So two down and two to go, are you guys excited to see the next in the set? I hope so, I can't wait to share so see you soon!

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment