Followers

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Under the Sea

Happy Hump Day bloggers! I'm coming to you from the comforts of my couch underneath a heating blanket to ask: Do you remember when you were a kid and you got the toy of your dreams? Did you spend so long playing with it that everything else lay there forgotten? Well if the answer to my questions were yes, then you have a hint about my whereabouts lately! I've gotten a bit of happy mail and have spent the last few days crafting and creating and coloring and paper piecing and OMG where did November (and the first week of December) go?! I realized yesterday that although I've been making things I've been forgetting to share! This is partly because I have some big news for you guys...oh wait, you thought I meant now? Nope sorry! You'll just have to hang around a while to find out! With all these holiday cards and tags swimming around this time of year I decided to take a break and ride the waves with the SOG clear set Under the Sea Mae

SOG Under Sea Mae Clear Set


I actually won this set as part of my prize for being one of the lucky winners of the Digi Me contest that SOG had going on back in October. Not only did I win a $20 gift certificate to use in the stores, the best part is that I get to do a guest DT post featuring my digi for SOG!!!! How awesome is that?! I can't wait to see my idea turned into a digi by the talented Kristy Dalman! Haha you thought that was the surprise I mentioned earlier didn't you? Well its not, the best news is yet to come...but not today! To create this simple tag I stamped one of the gorgeous mermaids from the set onto watercolor paper using stayzon in Timber brown. I colored her using my distress markers and a few small watercolor paint brushes. Once the image was dry I went back over her tail and sea shells with my wink of stella clear brush pen (not sure if you guys can see the shimmer) and highlighted randomly throughout her hair also with the wink of stella. The background was created by rubbing a blue chak ink pad across a  memory box wave stencil on top of a light blueish green piece of cardstock. I then went back through with my white wink of stella brush pen and tried to add some detail to the waves along with a few bubbles. Last I adhered the clam accent stamps from the set to my tag using foam pop dots to give them some dimension with a few small pearls and a scrap of ribbon. I am LOVING my distress markers, they are a bit pricey but if you can find a good deal on them I highly recommend getting a few to try out. Also watching youtube videos and practice practice practice is helping me develop my technique. It may seem daunting at first, like you'll never get it but if you're patient and work at it you'll be so impressed you wont regret it. What techniques or products have you guys tried lately? I'd love to know!

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment