Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fancy but Forgotten

Hi guys! Still playing around with a few new toys (soon to be revealed!) but today I bring to you a fantastical and oh so adorable work of art that found a home in my kitchen before I even thought to share with you guys (sorry!) I love making cards but I also enjoy making my own decor for my home. Since my hubby has been so kind as to help feed my cupcake obsession by getting me a matching pot holder/ kitchen towel set that happens to be in one of my favorite color schemes pink and teal (aslo the colors of my craft room :D), I took it as a perfect opportunity to create a gorgeous ceramic sign to hang using a few of my favorite TGF stamps:


Double Cupcake Anya, Anya Treats, and Birthday Anya II

I saw this picture on pinterest in chalk board form and fell in love immediately but could not find it for sale anywhere. I have since then found out that the artist of the original sign is a very talented lady named Valerie McKeehan, and her gorgeous hand drawn chalk art can be purchased here! I started by drawing Ms McKeehan's original saying as close to hers as I could onto a blank ceramic bisque sign I purchased at Michael's craft store using pencil and going over it in a black copic multiliner. Next, using memento ink in the color tuxedo black, I stamped three of my favorite TGF stamps that fit the theme, Double Cupcake AnyaAnya Treats, and Birthday Anya II across the bottom. To me, the sign still looked like it was missing something, so I used several different cupcake stamps in my stash (not sure where I got them from) around the phrase in the middle and loved the way it came out! Finally I colored everything using my copic markers and added a touch of sparkle with some diamond stickles. Last, to protect the sign from fading while also waterproofing it (it hangs above my kitchen sink where a window should be...don't get me started on that rant) I gave it several coats of acrylic sealant waiting 10 minutes to allow drying between coats. This project isn't for any particular challenge, I'm just making my house a home and sharing with you guys what I create in the process, hope you love it as much as I do! If you want your own chalk art I highly recommend visiting Valerie's etsy shop, I plan on buying and framing some to add to my bare kitchen walls myself! Have a great rest of the week!

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment