Followers

Monday, November 17, 2014

Holiday Cheer

Hi guys, its getting close to that time of year where children (and adults!) get the gimmy gimmies for everything they see on TV and my two divas are no exception! With all the "I want" and "I need" we tend to get caught up and forget what this season is truly about; Giving, not receiving and spreading holiday cheer. Often, while looking at other blogs for inspiration, I get bummed out about a lot of things I don't have or that I could use, that I never stopped to think about all the things I DO have so today's card is full of sparkly holiday cheer and making what you have look good!

Card Front: Holiday Anya 4 
Card Center: OA Surprise (Amelia)


Isn't this fold adorable? I found the tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers Youtube channel here. It's called a pop up book card and I LOVE it! The dimensions on the tutorial were for a 6x6 square card but follow the link below the video and the splitcoast stampers website gives you the measurements to make an A2 pop up book card, which is what I used. It came out pretty cute for my first attempt and I think I'll use this fold more often. I watercolored both images with my Tim Holtz distress markers and added sparkle with diamond stickles. I love my distress markers they truly are awesome and the colors blend and react with water effortlessly. They're so much fun to play with but they can be temperamental. My only complaint would be that the browns tend to have a greenish hue, so I may try out a few reinkers for my brown shades since I hear people have had better results without the green. The sentiment on the front is from the DCWV card sentiment rub-on stack and the one on the inside is from The Greeting Farm's Cheeky Xmas 4x6 set. TGF is spreading holiday cheer with the FFF challenge Holiday Cards. The best part? It's not even a Christmas exclusive holiday challenge, its whatever holiday you feel like making a card for, so expect a few lovey dovey and oh-so-out-of-season V-day cards this week out of me. What will you guys come up with?

-Krys


No comments:

Post a Comment