Followers

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

De-stress with Distress

Hi there bloggers, still dealing with chilly weather and to be honest the snow is kind of growing on me. We got about 2 feet in one day and my girls are loving it! My oldest has had snow days back to back and today is a half day so I'm preparing for more fun in the snow. Rather than shoveling snow from my driveway, I sneaked away to my craft room and made one more quick card for this week's FFF challenge Holiday Cards over at The Greeting Farm, using Miko from the Roll Call Kit

Miko (Roll Call Kit)

Once again I used my Tim Holtz distress markers to watercolor the image (LOVE those things!) because practice makes perfect, right? I tend to focus so hard on getting my watercoloring so much that my stress seems to melt away, or at least fade them into the background. It truly is my newest form of stress relief and The Greeting Farm's images are perfect for practice because they are beautiful without adding too many tiny details and they have large faces and lots of hair. I stamped Miko in Timber Brown Stayzon ink on canson cold press watercolor paper. All the papers used for this card are from my stash. I confess to being a bit of a pack rat and a hoarder when it comes to my scrapbook supplies. When I have small scrap pieces left over I tend to store them in a ziplock baggie by color or them, that way when I need to layer or add accent, I can reach for one of the left over scraps rather than cut up another full piece. I paired together these three different papers (all originally from my LCS' open stock) and layered them onto a piece of Bazzill heavy weight card shoppe cardstock. The sentiment from The Greeting Farm's OA Lovey Dovey 4x6 set was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. The image took up quite a bit of room so I kept the embellishment simple, adding only a few enamel dots and a little ribbon. I adore Valentine's day so I absolutely could not pass up an opportunity to pull out my V day papers for a card challenge! Its actually super late here and I have a busy day today so I'll call it a night after I head over to sneak one more card in for the Farm Fresh Friday, See you guys tomorrow!

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment