Followers

Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall Friends Flair

Hi ladies, happy Monday and do I have a treat for you guys and I can't wait to show you! It's getting to be that time of year where we have more company in our homes for the holidays and who doesn't love a good excuse to decorate? Since there are so many wonderful Fall themed SOG images, and since fall is in full swing in upstate NY, it inspired me to make some adorable coasters with fall flair to add to the Some Odd Girl October Linky Party


Fall Friends Clear set and Woodsy Mae digi


I got the blank chipboard coasters from the $1 bin at my LCS (5 in a pack). I stamped all the images from the Fall friends clear set on separate coasters, with the exception of of the Woodsy Mae digi. That one I had to print out and transfer onto my coaster using a graphite pencil and one of those scoring tools with the ball on each end and then going over the transferred image in a copic multiliner, finally erasing the graphite left on the coaster. I do NOT recommend this technique very often, it's pretty time consuming. The pumpkin and leaves are all accent stamps included in the fall friends clear set, and using masking I made a stack of pumpkins and a pretty leaf border on one of the coasters to complete the set of coasters. Now for the fun part, COLORING! I used my copic markers to color all of my images and went over some of the leaves with a wink of stella clear brush pen. I finished off the coasters by inking around the edges with a bluish-gray pigment ink to give it the look of a cloudy fall day. All the sentiments were included in the Fall Friends clear set except the Take a Moment to enjoy happiness sentiment, which is from one of The Greeting Farm's 4x6 Sets. I think these would make a great gift for someone, what do you guys think?

2 comments: