Followers

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mad about Mae

Hi guys. Do you ever get the feeling sometimes that you should just give up on something because no matter how hard you try or how much effort you put into something, it never seems to pay off? I get like that from time to time but I remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day. See I've been making cards and blogging for about 2 years now and I've yet to make a design team that I put in for, which is what made me start my blog in the first place. I wanted to have a place to post my cards and hopefully inspire others along the way to share their creativity as well. I enter challenge after challenge, make my interests known, and apply as often as I can, I never seem to get any closer to realizing my dream. It seems like all the DT calls are looking for someone with prior DT experience, but if nobody will give you a chance on their DT, how can you hope to gain experience? On days like that it can be hard to pick up my markers and get my crafty mojo flowing, so I rest and try to remember the other things that make me craft. I also try to make something non challenge related, a card for a friend, a decoration for my home, or try out a new technique just for fun. It always makes me feel better and it makes me want to keep trying. I know I'm far from the most talented and most definitely not the only blogger out there with a dream of being a design team member for a favorite stamp company, so I try not to let it keep me down and most of all, I try not to keep me from crafting. Well that's my ramble for the day now on to my project. I absolutely adore the SOG company stamps, both clear and digital, and my collection has grown at a steady pace since I started it. Between you and me, I'm actually hoping for some happy mail this week! In the meantime, one of my newest digis in my newest favorite color combo, Geeky Mae!

SOG Geeky Mae


Not only do I love my SOG stamps, I'm crazy about cork embellishments, its my newest obsession. For some reason or another when I start to color Mae, I think of paper airplanes. So I thought to myself, wouldn't some paper airplanes made of cork be a cute embellishment. I took a copic multiliner and a ruler and drew out a few paper airplanes on some DCWV adhesive cork paper and cut them out with scissors, and put them to the side. For this card I wanted to make a pop up surprise card, where you pull a tab at the top and the image stands, causing it to reveal a surprise message. I've created on or two in the past, always using this tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers, slightly altering the measurements to be layered on a card base. The papers I used were from the DCWV Dots Stripes and Plaids mat stack and the lined graph paper at the top is from MME. I colored Geeky Mae up with my copics on Hammermill coverstock, fussy cut her out and adhered her with my ATG gun. The sentiments are from The Greeting Farm (can't remember what sets). Last I adhered the cute little cork embellishments and called this card done. I'm headed over to link up to the September Linky Party over at Some Odd Girl and the Back To School Facebook challenge. Wish me luck on becoming a DT member one day and for now, join in the fun there's still time to link up this month so what are you waiting for?

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment