Followers

Friday, August 15, 2014

Under The Sea

TGIF! Wow this week flew by but goodness I'm glad it's over, Hubby had field training so he's been gone all week and I can't wait to have him home again! I will admit its much easier to keep the house clean but it's just not the same without him, much too much time on my hands. Ladies, have you ever had a crafty idea that you just knew would look amazing but once you got started, it seemed easier said than done? Got one of those ideas around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning And I absolutely couldn't resist getting out of bed and starting on the project that ended up taking all week long. It finally came together beautifully and I can't wait to share:

Bubbles Mermaid

This mixed media collage was a headache and a lesson learned all in one! It started as a blank ceramic sign that I ruined while working on it, but did not want to throw away. I made the decision to cover it somehow and try again but had no idea how to go about doing it so I put it away for a later date. Fast forward 2 months later 3 a.m. Tuesday morning and I'm sitting in my craft room ripping up book pages and glueing them down like a mad woman. I left it overnight to dry...and neglected it the res of the week, glaring at it from across the room. Ok I'm exaggerating , I finally started on it again Thursday night, using gelatos, alcohol ink mists, acrylic pain, and homemade texture paste  to create this underwater scene. I knew exactly which Odd Girl digi I wanted as the center of attention, Bubbles Mermaid! I wanted her to look as if she's a part of the underwater scene, not just added on top, so coloring her on xpress it blending card, cutting her out and adhering her on top. I got the brilliant idea to print Bubbles Mermaid on a piece of white tissue paper so that only her outline would be visible, kind of like a water slide decal. Several paper jams later I got it printed out and it was perfect! A great idea...until I tried to trim the extra paper around the image. Ugh! Cutting an image out of tissue paper, NIGHTMARE!!! I highly do NOT recommend it for the faint of heart lol! I kid, but it was a real pain in the rear, and certainly not something I'll be trying again soon. I did however achieve the desired effect, and once she was colored up with my copics, she blended in positively gorgeous with her background. Also, as you can see, I just couldn't help myself coloring her in the likeness of a certain very famous mermaid! I haven't decided what to do with this particular project. Since so much hard work went into it, I can't yet part with it, so its home is on my craft room wall for now, oh darn ^.^ happy Friday ladies! Hope you enjoy your weekend, I'm off to link up to the SOG August Linky Party, hope you guys join the fun!

-Krys

1 comment:

  1. This is so COOL!!! Very creative! Thanks for joining us at the August Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete