Followers

Friday, August 8, 2014

Never Give Up

Absent is the word for it. Its what I've been lately from my blog, though not intentionally. I've found that I have a sort of crafter's block (is there even a such thing?!) I keep sitting down at my craft desk and trying to come up with something awesome but after an hour or so still nothing :( I realized today that I haven't entered one single thing in this month's linky party over at Some Odd Girl! Well today I do have a little something using one of my favorite digis, Pink Ribbon Mae


Pink Ribbon Mae

I colored Mae with my copics on X-press it blending card and added a little wink of stella white to her dress. The reason I chose this image is because she looks so sweet in her dress, happy confident and supportive. The bottom paper is from my stash and the top is a simple piece of cardstock I ran through my bigshot with the swirls Darice embossing folder. I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink and misted it all over with homemade shimmer mist. The half pearls and flowers were also something from my stash, layered together, topped with a button and a jute twine bow. The quote was cut from a project life card I'd had left over and doesn't it just say it all without having to say much? I love to support the fight against breast cancer, even though I don't personally know anyone afflicted with it. Breast cancer is real and affects the lives of many each year, it makes me sad to think about it. Awareness and getting regular checkups as well as checking yourself could save your life, so do yourself and your loved ones a favor and take care of yourself ladies!

-Krys

1 comment:

  1. This is truly lovely! Thanks for joining us at the August Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete