Followers

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Believe

Hi guys! Hope your week has been as great as mine so far! I am loving the weather here today, slightly overcast, nice cool breezes. It reminds me of my childhood fall, not this recent sweltering triple digits in September weather we'd been getting in Texas. No, back when Texas had multiple seasons other than so hot you melt (summer) and not as hot (a.k.a. winter). That's what today feels like and I LOVE it ^.^ It seems like haven't made a canvas in a while, so I thought I'd give it a go using my favorite SOG digi so far and one of my new favorite color combos

SOG Cinderella

What can I say, this girl is just glamorous! I adore the folds of her dress and the demur look on her face. This image makes me think fairy tale and whimsy and dreams coming true...too much? Well I've always been a hopeless romantic, and fairy tales are pretty much built for my kind! I'm also a firm believer that you can achieve anything, sky's the limit, if you believe you can. That's why I chose this sentiment to complete my canvas. It found a home hanging on the wall of my daughters' room above their beds, I hope they always believe in their dreams and chase them. I started by tearing strips from a book page and several sheets from the Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden collection and adhering them randomly on the canvas. Next I used a combination of gelatos, alcohol ink mists, and acrylic paints to create the background. After drying with my heat gun I stamped a few tree branches in versamark in the top corners sprinkled with metallic copper embossing powder and blasted with my heat gun. To make it look more distressed I only heated the embossing powder in random spots until it melted and then rubbed the extra unmelted portion off with a towel. Using a script stamp by recollections (from the same set as the branches) I stamped randomly again with versamark, this time sprinkling with both white and copper EP and repeating the "distressing" technique previously mentioned. Finally I used a hot glue gun to adhere a few ribbons and some flowers (colored with my alcohol ink mists) and a couple of pearl flourishes. Cindy was colored with my copic markers and dazzled with shimmer from my wink of stella clear pen (they seriously need to sell refills for those things, I'm addicted to shimmer!). The flowers in her hair came from a cottage cutz tea cakes die I purchased a while back, with two half pearls in the centers to match the random pearls around the canvas. The finishing touch was the word 'Believe' stamped first in white acrylic ink and then embossed with Rangers Holographic embossing powder. My girls love this so much I had to hang it near the ceiling so they wouldn't touch the 'pretty flowers'. Now I'm headed over to the Some Odd Girl Blog to link this lovely lady up, and then to my kitchen because I found an awesome crockpot hot cocoa recipe on pinterest that my girls are sure to love, see you guys again soon!

-Krys

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the August Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete