Followers

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back to School Blues

Happy Wednesday guys! Wow this summer breezed right by, seriously where did it go?! Its already time to shop for back to school stuff and I swear just last week they were putting out tents and swimsuits for summer. This week has been pretty busy and its just going to get worse as both my girls will be in school this year :( Its bitter sweet because they're so excited and I'm excited for them but its been almost 6 years since I've had the house completely to myself. Quite frankly I'm afraid the silence may actually drive me crazy lol! At least my baby girl will only be going for half a day so she can still spend the rest of the day driving me insane. This week's FFF challenge over at the greeting farm is in the Back to School spirit also, and since I don't have any papers that feel back to school-ish to me, I improvised by trying out a technique I like but have never used, the chalkboard effect technique

Desiree (Twisted Kit)

This little lady looks too cool for school with plenty of sass! I love the new Twisted kit from The Greeting Farm, all the characters have such sass and attitude. Desiree actually is one of my favorite, I'm partial to the curly girls, but also because she reminds me of the adorable child actress rockin' her beautiful natural hair, Ms Skai Jackson. She's just a big bowl of cute in my book, with sass to boot. For the chalk board I used a piece of black cardstock and colored around the edges with a plain white piece of chalk. I then smudged the chalk with my fingers and used one of the sentiments from the Creepin Kit (retired, sorry!) embossed with snow white embossing powder. I ran a piece of kraft cardstock through my Darice Wood grain embossing folder and inked the edges to give the look of a chalk board frame. Since the card was already simple I added a few enamel dots for embellishment. This was by far one of the easiest cards I've made in a long time and I think I'll do it again! Do you have any suggestions for what DP papers would be good for back to school themed cards? Please let me know. Well I'm actually off to take some immunization records to complete my girls' enrollment process, they grow up so fast! See you guys around

-Krys


2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute! I love how you made the big chalkboard background! Thanks for joining us at TGF!

    ReplyDelete