Followers

Monday, July 7, 2014

Flying High

Howdy! OMG I know I say this all the time but guys, I'm seriously excited about my project for today! I spent the weekend working on a few mixed media projects since I wasn't all that impressed by my last one and came up with a couple of beauties. One of which actually ended up hanging on my living room wall because my hubby liked it so much he wanted everyone that came over, to see it! So since TGF's FFF Challenge is Anything Goes, my little canvas goes great!

Skyward Anya

I used a mix of acrylic paints, gelatos, Memory Box dies, and book pages to create the background and the sentiment is from part of TGF's Anya Lifts set, cut apart for my project. The flowers are prima and the rhinestones are from my stash. I had soooo much fun making this and even made my own embossing paste and used the remaining cardstock outline from my die cut clouds as a stencil to give the canvas some texture and depth. The hot air balloons were cut from a scrap of paper from my Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden pad and blinged out with wink of stella clear. Skyward Anya was colored using my copic markers with a touch of Eucalyptus stickles on her scarf and some Diamond glaze on her goggles with a white gel pen for highlights.


This was my second mixed media project using a panel canvas instead of the wooden frame type canvases I'd used previously. The Image is Faith the Fairy from Stamping Bella Uptown Girl series. The flowers are from I am Roses, originally all white, I used my homemade spray paint/glimmer mists to dye them the colors I needed. I used gelatos for the base colors in the background and the chevron stenciling in the background was made by me out of a re purposed piece of chipboard packaging cut with an x-acto knife and sprayed through with some of my DIY sprays. The butterfly in the corner is a Joy! die and the rest are stamps I've had forever.

 I absolutely love the way these turned out and I hope you guys give making a mixed media project a try, its a great stress reliever for me and gives me a chance to let loose and have fun because making cards actually stresses me out sometimes when I have a hard time creating a layout. I hope this inspires you to give it a try too, see you tomorrow!

-Krys

No comments:

Post a Comment