Followers

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pretty Patriotic

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I've had a reason to be excited about Independence Day, it's always seemed like a holiday more for the kids but this year I'm super excited! I think it may have something to do with being station on an army base where you can feel the excitement crackling in the air as stores stock their shelves with red white and blue decor and cupcakes. Well I guess I caught the bug or something cause I've had an explosion of ideas ( not to mention a box of red white and blue bomb pops in the freezer ^.^) one of which is this adorable paper rosette door wreath featuring a SOG Digi for their June Linky party:

SOG  Pink Ribbon Mae


Mae was printed out on x press it blending cardstock and colored with my copic markers. Being a proud army spouse I decided to color her 'pink ribbon' in the 'support our troops' style to match my patriotic theme, love how it turned out by the way! For the base, I started off building the first layer of the rosette out of bazzill cardstock and layered a second smaller rosette made from the Bo Bunny 'Anthem' collection DP. I used the lacy circles and standard circles nestabilities dies embossed with a fireworks embossing folder and inked with Red and blue on the raised areas for a customized background for Ms Mae. The stars I used are both memory box precious stars as well as paper smooche stars dies embellished with stickles and small rhinestones. I've never made a rosette before but it was fun and I think I'll be trying another project with them again soon, give it a try and be on the lookout, I've created a monster! See you guys again soon 

-Krys

2 comments:

  1. Perfect card for July!! Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl for June's Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice! I love the red/white/blue and those stars. What a cool way to use Pink Ribbon Mae. Enjoy those bomb pops!

    ReplyDelete