Followers

Monday, March 17, 2014

Lucky Me

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA but I had a good reason this time, scout's honor! As some of you may remember, DH joined the military and is now coming to the end of his AIT which means he has his orders. For a family born and raised in Texas heat, our first assignment is something out of a nightmare, the chilly climate of NY! Needless to say, Texas is a good distance from NY so I decided that I would spend some time with my family before the big move. Last week was spring break for my oldest DD so no school for a week was a perfect opportunity to head home...and get some crafting done ^.^ so home I went! Copics, DP, stickles, my TGF darlings of course, and my handy dandy atg gun in tow I was ready...until I realized I left my cardstock and pare trimmer o_O. If I hadn't been having such a good time with family, this would have been a depressing and I may have gone through  withdrawals lol! Anyway now I'm back at home and of course I had to sneak in a card ASAP to include in this week's FFF, Use Twine/Ribbon as well as The ABC Challenge H is for Hair. Lucky me, when I arrived at home I found my prize from a previous win and I just couldn't wait to ink this lil cutie up! I love the way that kraft cardstock looks great with almost any color sonic honor of St Patty's Day I decided to give green kraft and white a shot and here's how it turned out:

Amelia TGF's OA Surprise

This was soooo much fun to color! I do believe ms Amelia will be making her way onto the front of many more projects isn't she fabulous?! I wanted to do a no line technique so I stamped her in memento desert sand. The DP and ribbon are both something from my stash and the sentiment is part of TGF's Delicate Words die set (not sure if still available!). I gave the whole card a healthy stickling ( my signature!) and added a touch of bling for a lil somethin' extra! Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it and thanks for stopping by!
-Krys

3 comments:

  1. Lovely coloured image! The st. paddy's theme is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Krys! Looks like you have a lot going on and glad you had some nice family time! Your card is gorgeous as always and your no-line technique is fantastic! Still practicing mine! Always so happy to see your beautiful cards on the FFF challenges. Thanks also for your sweet comments on my posts! Have a wonderful week!!! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and gorgeous colouring. Thank you for sharing with us over at ABC Challenge. Take care, Ann-Marie xx

    ReplyDelete