Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Something Fishy

Well as if the title wasn't self explanatory, I've got a bit of an obsession with beaches and oceans going, which is being reflected in my projects like crazy but hey, if it inspires me why not go with the flow (lol see even my jokes are watery!). And though technically I don't think a shark is a fish today I decided to make a masculine card using one with surfer Ian (whom you will see more of along with TGF's Cheeky Beach, Fleur Anya and more, once my Echo Park Paradise Beach and Bo Bunny Key Lime paper stacks arrive!). I am once again smitten, with all the ideas of beach and pool themed cards floating around my head there is no doubt I have the beach babe blues. I think I'll work on a plan to get the hubby to take us all to the beach one weekend and get this fun-shiny excitement out of my system, but for now, you guys are stuck with it so without further ado get ready to suffer the consequences:

 Surfer Ian
 
Ian was colored with my trusty copics and the DP I used is by DCWV from Baby Boy, All Dressed Up, and the Bouquet De Fleur Stacks. The shark, splashy wave, and water bubbles all came from my sticker stash and the sentiment, from TGF's Anya Strolls. Ironic that he seems to be getting chased by the shark huh? Total coincidence that I didn't notice till after the decision to use this sentiment was decided, cool right? I know, I amaze myself sometimes with my inattention to details lol! Now the question is who's dream is being chased, the surfer or the shark??? I'll leave that decision up to you guys in blogland. Thanks to this silly little glitch I have an excuse to enter in the 7 Kids Challenge Just Wrong! A few rhinestones in the corner and some stickles here and there finished off this fun splashy card. I really think I'm getting the hang of these masculine cards now that I realize they don't all have to be drab and plain and subtle! Along with the 7 Kids Challenge, I plan to enter this guy in the Anyone for Anya? June photo challenge as well as the Splendid Stamping FFF challenge Bold and Bright, A Creative Romance opening challenge Anything Goes, The Pink Elephant challenge 202 Summer Time Theme, TGF's Retro Fresh Challenge Bring on the Sun, and finally the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge Brought to you by the Letter "S".

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha :) I love your chased little surfer! Really cool also how you did the waves. Thank you for participating at Anyone for Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun card. thanks for joining our first challenge at A Creative Romance, I hope you'll join us again.
    Big hugs Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Love that shark in the background that made it perfect for "just wrong" challenge at 7 Kids College Fund. Love the way you did the waves - thank you for playing:) Hugz, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is sooooo AWESOME!! Love Surfer Ian and the shark is hilarious! Thank you for joining in our 7 Kids College Fund Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete