Followers

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sulking in the Sun

You know how some days all you can think about is getting home sitting in your workspace (whether that be craft room, office, or like me, kitchen table) and crafting your little heart out? well yesterday was NOT one of those days for me. Extremely rare as these days are, they happen and they are frustrating! Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day, crisp blue sky and fluffy white clouds, the kind that remind you of cotton candy at a fair. I wanted so badly to get in there and make an awesome card, had my mind set on it but my heart wasn't in it. For the life of me I couldnt get any good ideas, no spark of creativity, nothing and it was nerve wrecking! I even went through some of my favorite blogs and with all the beauties out there and gorgeous handiwork, I just wasn't feeling 'it', you know? Well before I knew it the day was over the kids needed a bath and a few bedtime stories and the Hubby would be home soon, most likely wanting just a snack. I gave up, threw in the white towel and admited defeat where I instead turned my attention to making a nutritious (yeah right!) batch of chocolate chunk cookies. Hubby loved them and apparently the smell of fresh baked homemade chocolate chip cookies make an excelent alarm for a 2 and 4 year old up way past their bed time :)
I wasn't ready to go to bed so I decided to stamp a few images so I could have them all ready to color when I needed them. I started coloring one of my favorite Amelia stamps from TGF and started to feel that creativity bug biting! I decided not to push my luck and end up ruining the coloring so I put it away to work on it more this morning. Sure enough just as I was finishing the coloring I could feel my creative juices flowing and in no time at all I had a sketch in mind and was in the process of finishing up the card I wanted so bad to make yesterday. Here it is all finished!
Amelia and Oliver 'My Favorite Thing' set

I colored her with copic markers and used prisma colored pencils to add detail. As usual I stickled quite a bit of this card with the color Crystal, LOVE that stuff! All the papers came from my stash and the clouds and sun were cut using my Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge (say that 5 times fast! O.o) and inked with copic markers B000 & 0 and Stampin Up! yo yo yellow.The plan is to enter this lil cutie in the Farm Fresh Friday (FFF) Challeng- Clouds and also Creative Card Crew challenge 33- Clouds

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the dimensions of this card! Really reflects a sunny day too! (Not that I'd know what they are living here!!) good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Texas can't seem to make up its mind on the weather so we've had all 4 seasons in one week :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and just right for our Challenge sweetie. Love the colours. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love the colors!!

    Thanks for playing along with the MarkerPOP! challenge! :)

    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Krystal. I love the fun and springy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card! So cheery and bright :) Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sure you know but this card has been featured on TGF's blog 'Wow-ed me wednesday' how exciting :) love the card!

    http://splendidstamping.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/wow-ed-me-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous! Love the bright colors you picked, and your no-line coloring! Thanks a bushel for joining our challenges at The Greeting Farm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card - love the bright, fun colors! Thank you for playing in TGF's FFF "clouds" challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete