Followers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On a Role!

I guess I've been bitten by the inspiration bug... Or the excitement bug...wait, is there a such thing as an excitement bug? and if so, is he by chance related to the inspiration bug who happens to be close relatives to the love bug????? Sidetracked? maybe, but it IS something to think about, right? Well i digress, the point is there are so many amazingly inspiring challenges going around that I couldnt stop at just one card today I also created this little darling!
Fleur Anya
Doesn't she just sing spring?! This cutie is Fleur Anya from The Greeting Farm, colored with copic markers. Her flower headband was glittered with waterfall stickles. the cardstock was just a value pack with multiple solid colors. I'm a huge fan of making my own patterned papers so I stamped the yellow papers using a flower stamp I bought a year ago on clearance for a custom paper (it's been my most used of all since).  Darice 'Scrolls' Embossing Folder paired with clear embossing powder on the turquoise paper made a beautiful oceany wave look. But, my most favorite thing about this card would have to be the Plumeria! I love these little flowers they're my favorite and they always make me feel better when I'm down so I figure what better flower to include on a card to just say Aloha! I made a few different sizes, colored the petals with Tim Holtz spun sugar distress ink and Stampin Up! Yo Yo Yellow, and finished the look with a sprinkle of Stickles Dry Fine Glitter in Diamond. all in all I'm very proud of this card and it may be my favorite card, EVER! I plan to enter her into the following challenges,

The Pink Elephant Challenge- TPE 194
Double Take Tuesday (DTT) - Color Challenge

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love all of the flowers! Thanks for playing along with the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty spring card...and those flowers are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at The Greeting Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on - I need my sunglasses for this one! :) Super cute card! it sings Spring indeed! I really love what you have done with her headband and the flowers are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete